Sometimes I think about what my life would be like had Derek not entered my world. Recently I had that thought again. I had one of those days when the kids were tough and by the time Derek got home all I wanted to do was get away from the crying for a few minutes. It made me think about all the stuff that Derek does/has done. People all have their strengths and weaknesses and I'm not saying I couldn't do these things, I'm just saying without Derek I'm not quite sure how these things would get done...
- put together two cribs and knows lower the mattresses as the kids get bigger
- bought and hung the Johnny Jumper
- made a decision about which stroller to buy when there are waaaay too many option
- feeds the kids meat (I'm vegetarian but never planned on raising the kids that way unless they choose it)
- wakes up at 5:30 a.m. to give them their first bottle so I can sleep in
- folds the laundry because I am the worst folder on earth
- goes to music class because there is no way I could do music class with twins on my own
- bathes the kids together (bathing them at the same time really does require two people)
- earns a decent income so I can stay home with the kids a few days a week and have the experience of being a dad I had hoped to have
For all these reasons (and more) I'm so happy to have you in my life. Happy Valentine's Day to my knight in shining armor from your sons and me who are lucky to have you.
|Moments after the proposal in Cozumel|