Friday, March 28, 2014

And Now They Are Two



Yep...it happened.  My boys turned two.  We had a great party with family and friends.  I also think I had my first "Wow...time is passing" moment.  I am the first one to say that the days are long and exhausting and I'm ready for them to be a little older.  For a long time I have been wishing they were four or five or six and they could be a little more independent and I could bring them to plays, movies, carnivals, etc.  I know everyone tells me I'll long for these infant and toddler years again and I believe you all...it just didn't hit me until a few days ago when I thought to myself that two out of 18 years are gone.  But the time didn't go fast.  I didn't feel like I missed out on anything.  I don't wonder where the time went; my body and gray hair shows me the two years I've been through.  It's just that I've realized that two years have gone by.  I'm happy to have had so many days at home with my boys (most of the time) but I am still looking forward to what lies ahead.

I have been trying to think about what has happened in the last year.  Here is what I remember...
  • They went from walking to running
  • Aaron still wakes up in the middle of the night every couple days
  • They probably know more than 100 signs
  • They started talking and definitely know more than 100 words
  • They like to dress and undress themselves even though they don't do it well
  • They like wearing two different colored socks (Jeff especially)
  • They are Thomas the Train addicts
  • They are getting good at brushing their teeth on their own
  • They love bath time
  • They are learning to share (hooray!)
  • They have definite likes and dislikes with food, toys, clothes, etc.
  • Jeff will wear anything with a bear on it
I'm sure there are a million more things I could say about them but these are some of the big ones.  And here are a couple of my favorite videos.  You'll see Aaron at just over 23 months singing his ABCs in his own Aaron way and Jeff at 22 months signing a book.






4 comments:

  1. Too cute! Happy birthday Aaron and Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, are they precious or what!!! Happy Birthday, boys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like they had a great birthday! I'm Heather and I was hoping you would be able to answer a question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete