Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Quotes

I thought this was my 100th posting but then I realized my list of posts includes the drafts of a few posts I haven't published yet.  So much for a fun 100th posting.  I guess you'll have to enjoy this not-so-momentous 97th or 98th posting. 

I have survived despite a lack of sleep for 11 months, a "poo-nami" of epic proportions, cats crossing over the Rainbow Bridge, moving across the country, potty training, playground moms, the snowiest Boston winter ever, the first day of school, and more. There have been a lot of tears but I'll try to remember the laughs.  Here are some of the best quotes over the last few years.


March 16th, 2014
Daddy Michael: Aaron, when Daddy Derek does something nice like that you should say "thank you" to him.
Aaron: Thank you to him.

June 27th, 2014
Jeff: You drinking coffee?
Grandma Judy: No.  This is Pepsi.
Jeff: Pupsi?
Grandma Judy: No.  Pepsi.  PEPsi.
Jeff: PUPsi.
Grandma Judy: Pepsi.  Diet Pepsi.
Aaron: You drink pupsi?
Grandma Judy: This is Pepsi.  Not pupsi.
Aaron: You drink dogs!

October 9th, 2014
Grandma Judy: What does J-E-F-F spell?
Jeff: Me!!!

November 29th, 2014
Daddy Michael: Did you know Daddy Derek and I are getting married next year?  Do you know what happens at a wedding?
Aaron: Marriage gives you a big, big ouchie.

February 9th, 2015
Aaron: I have to do a big jump.  On your market, get set, go!

March 22nd, 2015
Daddy Derek: (going down the stairs) I'm going slowly.
Aaron: I'm going fastly.

February 27th, 2015
Daddy Michael (reading): Little Quack found a quick place to hide -- right behind Mama.
Aaron: And she didn't poop on him.

April 2nd, 2015
Aaron: Aaron, Jeff and grandma Judy will die.
Daddy Derek: Dye Easter eggs.

May 1st, 2015
Jeff: My feet are pointing to the front so that means I'm growing.

May 13th, 2015
Aaron: One, two, three, four...twenty eight, twenty nine, twenty thirty.

June 8th, 2015
Daddy Michael: I think we are going to be a little bit late.
Jeff: I think we are going to be a little bit on time.

June 11th, 2015
Daddy Michael: Where does a chicken come from?
Jeff: An egg!
Daddy Michael: Where does a penguin come from?
Jeff: An egg!
Daddy Michael: Where does an ostrich come from?
Jeff: An egg!
Daddy Michael: Where did you come from?
Jeff: I don't know.
Daddy Michael: Did you come from Shannon's tummy?
Jeff: Yes.
Aaron: No.  We come from Chicago.
Jeff: Yes.  And the doctor pulled Aaron out and then Aaron pulled me out.

July 15th, 2015
Aaron: I took the wrapper off and took a taste.
Daddy Michael: What did your lollipop taste like?
Aaron: Pink!

July 24th, 2015
Daddy Michael: We could go apple picking and make apple pie.
Aaron: Yum.  Or blueberry pie.  Or peach pie.  Or cake pie.
Daddy Michael: Cake pie?  What is that?
Aaron: You get a cake.  You bake it.  You put a pie in it and eat it.  Yum!

August 10th, 2015
Daddy Michael: Do you like my wedding ring?
Aaron: Yes.  Do you have a wedding ring for me?
Daddy Michael: Oh.  Are you getting married?
Aaron: Yes.
Daddy Michael: Who are you going to marry?
Aaron: You.
Jeff: And I'm going to marry Daddy Derek.

August 10th, 2015
Daddy Michael: Hmmmm...I wonder how you got that corn on your toe.
Jeff: Maybe from eating corn on the cob.

August 15th, 2015
Jeff: That was a toot.  It's a good idea to toot in your underwear, but it's not a good idea to pee and poop in your underwear.

September 9th, 2015
Aaron: When I grow up I'll be the boss.
Daddy Michael: The boss of what?
Aaron: The boss daddy.
Jeff: And when you grow up, Daddy Michael, you can be the grandpa. 
Daddy Michael: Oh.  OK.
Jeff: And when Daddy Derek grows up he can be the grandma.

October 10th, 2015
Grandma Judy: Hurry up and pee.  I have to go to the bathroom too.
Jeff: Maybe we can go to the bathroom together.
Grandma Judy: I can't, sweetie.  I have to sit down to pee.
Jeff: Do you pee from your butt?

October 24th, 2015
Jeff: (looking at an adult book) This isn't very exciting.  It's just words and pages.

October 30th, 2015
Grandma Phyllis: Trick or treat.  Smell my feet.  Give me something good to eat.
Aaron: Trick or treat.  Give me something good to smell.

November 27th, 2015
Aaron: (knock, knock)
Uncle Mark: Who's there?
Aaron: Aaron.
Uncle Mark: Aaron who?
Aaron: Aaron boy!

September 11th, 2015
Daddy Michael: Do you like chocolate pudding?
Jeff: Yes.  But next time we should make rainbow pudding.

December 10th, 2015
(The boy put on toy watches.)
Daddy Michael: What time is it?
Jeff: It's fifty.
Aaron: My watch says sixty ten.  No...wait.  Mine says four, five six.  No.  It says four five-ty six.

December 13th, 2015
Aaron: I want to wear my Mickey Mouse hat so no bugs get on my head.

January 3rd, 2016
Daddy Michael: What was Panda doing in the car while you were playing.
Jeff: Chilling.
Daddy Michael: What is chilling?
Jeff: It's when you have the chills.

1 comment: