Sunday, July 10, 2016

What Will They Be? (Part Three)

It's both exciting and scary to watch my kids' world open up.  Now that school is out and I am home with them most days this summer I understand a parent's need to have structure.  If we were home all day every day with no plans I think I would go insane.  So off to classes we go.  Their interests are growing and it made me want to write another installment of "What Will They Be?" since I keep predicting what their futures will look like.  Watching their interests develop is exciting.

We started taking gymnastics class a couple months ago and we are continuing that.  It works well because Aaron uses some of his limitless energy and Jeff is improving his coordination.  The boys enjoy it and the teachers are great.

Last week we added swimming lessons.  I took the boys to the pool with their new Paw Patrol towels and got them ready to swim.  On the way in Aaron saw a pool with a twisty slide and immediately decided he wanted to do that.  I explained that he had to learn to swim first.  So we went to class and the boys swam with their floaties and pool noodles and had big smiles on their faces.  Both of them enjoyed it and at the end of the class Aaron stated that he could now swim and was ready for the slide.  I explained that when you fall off the slide you splash into the water and your head goes underwater.  That was a little too much for Aaron so the slide will have to wait but he still tells me that he can swim after just one lesson.  (In his defense he did swim without holding on to the teacher.)

A few days ago we started ballet class.  Aaron had been asking for dance for a while so I got him some dance shoes and registered him for class.  Jeff did not want to participate...at least not the first week.  He wanted to watch.  When we arrived at dance class Jeff told the teacher "Aaron is a little scared."  Aaron nodded in agreement.  The teacher asked if Jeff wanted to join class with his brother and he immediately said yes.  He turned to his brother and said, "Aaron, you don't have to be scared because I'll be with you and I'm not scared."  Jeff took Aaron by the hand and walked him into class.

My heart melted.

So gymnastics, swimming and dancing are all a hit with both boys.  Jeff still loves numbers and reading.  Aaron still loves to run non-stop.  Jeff is sweeter than sweet and recently got two dimes for doing something nice for me and asked if he could give one to his brother.  Aaron enjoys singing, cooking and trying to get my not-so-social cat to smell his finger.

My new predictions are that Jeff will do something with finance since he loves numbers so much but will reform the whole banking system to be an honest one because his heart is just that way.  Aaron will be an Olympic runner/swimmer/gymnast and be a vet in his spare time.

Only time will tell if these predictions come true.







No comments:

Post a Comment