Friday, July 27, 2012

My Twins Are Famous

Yes, it's true.  My twins and I are famous. 

Well, we're kind of known in the neighborhood.

OK...a bank teller and the CVS manager know us. 

But still...that's kinda like being famous, right?

A few weeks ago I ran into CVS to buy some formula and the manager asked how the twins were doing.  She said she hadn't seen them come into the store for a little while.  I thought, "Yes, shopping without two infants is so much faster plus I'm not loaded down with 73 lbs of formula, diapers, pacifiers, bottles, blankets, burp cloths, toys, extra outfits and a stroller the size of a small Hawaiian island" but refrained from saying it.  While we were talking a woman overheard us talking about twins and she told me she had 17 year old twin boys.  Then she asked to see pictures.  Wanting to see pictures of children you don't know only happens to celebrities, right?  Ergo, I am like a movie star.  :-)

Soon after that I went to the bank and one employee came up to me and asked how the boys were.  "They're great," I said feeling very proud that she knew my children after only a few short months on earth.  I don't think she remembered my kids because I tried to set up a custodial account for them TWICE and both times they wouldn't be calm enough for just 10 minutes to let me do it.  I don't think we're memorable because the crying was so bad (even with pacifiers) that we actually had to leave the bank..TWICE.  I'm going to go with the fact that they are so adorable and she knows them for their cuteness.  You be the judge.  Cute or not?


5 comments:

  1. SO darn cute!

    You're totally famous! And don't you forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhh, yeah TOTALLY famous! Those boys are super adobrable!! Pretty soon you will have to wear dark sunglasses everywhere AND throw your hand up in front of your face shouting "No more pictures, please!" Just don't forget about your original fans when the movie deals come ah-calling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously cute! look at those eyes ... love!

    and it's always funny to me how much attention we can get sometimes when we're out with the boys. we usually get the most fanfare at costco, of all places! lol ... it can be fun, but also overwhelming. *sigh* the drawbacks of fame, right?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could forget those beautiful faces?!? Those eyes just beg for "oohhs and awwws".

    ReplyDelete